The Hi Mamma home is very much an art/craft household. Believe it or not, we converted one of our rooms into a studio (along with it also being a guest room for when we have family/friends in for a visit). Every week we are experimenting with different mediums so the girls can learn first hand. I want them to know what happens when you use chalk, watercolors (both as a watercolor pencil and in the tray), and the studio to be a place where they know that they can go sit at their desk/table, grab a set of markers, a blank sheet of paper to create, and most importantly use their imagination.
This week to decorate our studio we made coffee filter butterflies!
What you will need is the following:
- White round coffee filters
- Washable markers (you can also use watercolors)
- Fuzzy twist tie or a clothing pin
- Paint brush (to gently tap the water onto the coffee filter)
- Container to put underneath the water being tapped onto the coffee filter
Select the color of markers (or watercolors) that you would like to use for your butterfly. Gently, one at a time make a design/color on the white coffee filter coloring it lightly with the markers so that it does not rip.