- 1 part coconut oil
- 1 part pure beeswax
- 10 drops (or strength to your liking) essential oil - we tend to like our blends a little stronger than most.
Heat the coconut oil and beeswax together in a saucepan over low eat. We like to purchase beeswax that are in the small pellets. Otherwise if you do purchase the solid beeswax you can break it up into smaller pieces. It will take a while for the beeswax to melt.
Once the beeswax and coconut oil has are melted, take the pan off the heat and set a to add your essential oils.
Pour the melted mixture into the lotion bar molds.
Let them sit until they are cooled. We typically wait overnight and sit them on the kitchen counter top and then wrap them in individual wax paper sheets for easy storage. You can also place them in the refrigerator if you want them to get solid quicker.
Ideas for Essential Oil Blends:
- Peppermint + Orange
- Citrus Fresh
- Thieves + Lemon
- Lemon + Lime
- Peace and Calming
- Rose and Sandalwood
- Lavender and German Chamomile
- Jasmine and Patchouli
- Lavender + Geranium + Tea tree
- Jasmine + Patchouli + Sweet Orange
- Cedarwood + Patchouli + Vetiver
- Ylang ylang + Lemon
- Peppermint + Lemon + Lavender